Cindy Haeck, NCC, LPC
Welcome! Wilmington Career Counseling is ready to help you create your best life. I’m an experienced career counselor, coach and college advising professional who understands the radical shifts taking place in today’s workplace. It can create confusion for students as they look at colleges, be unsettling for recent grads seeking employment, and overwhelming for those needing to transition in their careers. I’ve helped hundreds identify goals and establish measurable steps to attain them. As a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC – North Carolina & Michigan), National Board Certified Counselor (NBCC), Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF), and Board Certified Coach (BCC) I believe in the value of agility in today’s robust economy. I’m interested in empowering clients with tools and strategies to make satisfying decisions about college, lifelong learning, employment or retirement. You will select services based on your individual needs. Are you ready? Contact me to get started today!
Associations & Memberships
- National Career Development Association (NCDA)
- Licensed Professional Counseling Association of NC (LPCANC)
- North Carolina Career Development Association (NCCDA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- OCTOBER 2016 – NC-CDA Conference
- JUNE 2016 – NCDA Conference – Burlington, NC
- OCTOBER 2015 – ILLPCANC Conference – Chicago, IL
- OCTOBER 2014 – NCNACADA Conference – Raleigh, NC
Latest Conferences & School Reviews…
- OCTOBER 2016 – NC-CDA Conference
- JUNE 2016 – Burlington NC
- OCTOBER 2015 – IL
LPCANC Conference – Chicago, IL
- OCTOBER 2014 – NC
NACADA Conference – Raleigh, NC
- OCTOBER 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
- JUNE 2012 – Attending NCDA (National Career Development Association) Annual Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Continuous quality improvement promotes professional skills.
- MARCH 2012 – Earned BCC (Board Certified Coach) from CCE – Center for Credentialing & Education. Client driven goals result in client satisfaction!
- FEBRUARY 2012 – Visited Pensacola State University… recently accredited as a 4-year institution.
- NOVEMBER 2011 – NACAC Conference, New Orleans, LA – Visited Loyola and Tulane while attending the annual conference. Networked with some great admissions reps from Oklahoma State University, Texas Tech, Universities in Scotland, campuses with a high tech focus, Catholic Colleges/Universities…and more! There truly is a school for EVERY student who wants to further their education.
- MAY 2011 – University of Michigan – Dearborn If you haven’t visited this campus recently, you’re missing a jewel in southeast Michigan. Interested in healthcare/pre-med…check UM-D out! Great bio/chem faculty! Biomedical Engineering something you’re considering…they have that too!
- APRIL 2011 – Consortium of Vermont Colleges Tour…the “Grandaddy of ’em all!”
Toured the Green Mountain state and previewed (18) campuses…all with their own unique opportunities for students. Bennington, University of Vermont, Marlboro, Sterling, Castleton…and more! Students interested in environmental science and sustainability might want to check some of these out. Home of Burton Snowboards, just in case you love the slopes!
- OCTOBER 2010 – Federal Advisor Training at EMU Want to know how to apply to jobs across the country? What are KSA’s? What opportunities are in high demand?
- SEPTEMBER 2010 – University of Virginia (VA) campus visit! What a beautiful time of year to visit this historical campus. Rolling hills…where Thomas Jefferson roamed.
- NOVEMBER 2009 – Madonna University (MI) will be hosting a workshop on writing scholarship essays followed by a campus tour. See you there!
- NOVEMBER 2009 – NACE Career Coach Training – Cincinnati, Ohio was a great location for career development updates and networking with professionals from across the country!Fall 2009 Campus Visit: Hiram College – a gem of a campus listed as one of the Colleges That Change Lives by Loren Pope. Once you step foot…you understand why!
- SEPTEMBER 2009 – NACAC National Conference – Some great updates on the Common Application, Essay Tips, and the changing landscape of college admissions. Dan Clark, keynote speaker, offered an inspirational framework for all!
- JUNE 2009 – MI-ACE Conference – Held at the beautiful Inn at Bay Harbor, Michigan. Barry Dahl shared using the internet and social sites to communicate and update. Maxine Lauer was terrific at sharing trends…whew! Fast paced and informative.
- APRIL 2009 – CRUSSH TOUR. We rocked six campuses in three days! Colgate, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Union, Skidmore, Syracuse and Hamilton…upstate New York jewels!
- FALL 2008 – Campus visits… Kansas University, Lawrenceburg, KS – GO JAYHAWKS!
- SUMMER 2008 – Campus visits…Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI; Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI; Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, MI.
- SPRING 2008 – LeMoyne College, Syracuse, NY; Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY; Coastal Carolina, South Carolina; Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI…”on the road again!”
Campus visits Fall ’07…Case/Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH; Alma College, Alma, MI; Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, MI; University of Michigan – Dearborn, Dearborn, MI; Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI; Michigan State University, Lansing, MI; Columbia College, Chicago, IL; Loyola, Chicago, IL.
- SUMMER 2007 – Towson, Baltimore, MD; Siena Heights, Adrian, MI; Adrian College, Adrian, MI; Indiana Independents – Anderson University, Taylor University, Manchester College, Earlham University, University of Indianapolis, St. Francis, Huntington University, Indiana Tech and Goshen College. North Carolina Campus Visits…NCSU, UNC-Chapel Hill, Meredith College, East Carolina University, UNC-Pembroke, North Carolina Wesleyan College, Campbell University, Mt. Olive College, Duke University, Methodist University, Elon University, Shaw University, St. Augustine’s College, Peace College, Barton College, St. Andrews Presbyterian College, Louisburg College.